- This event has passed.
Gyotaku: The Art of Fish Print, by Kam Yew Chee
28 March @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pmRM30
Gyotaku is a traditional Japanese technique of fish (seafood) printing, practiced in the mid-1800s by fishermen to record their catches. Malaysia based artist,
Kam Yew Chee was originally a scientist and a lecturer who now combines his research and artistic skills, giving birth to an artistic Frankenstein of the two disciplines. Kam’s passion in mixed media art embodies unique techniques of art making. His artworks have been exhibited in the United States, Germany, Thailand and Japan as well as in Malaysia. He currently resides in Kampar, Perak, Malaysia.
Workshop flow and duration
• Printing of your own fish
• Participants will be exposed to gyotaku, a Japanese traditional fish printing technique
• *Kids below 12 must be accompanied by an adult
• First 30 minutes – Intro/briefing the artist
• Next 1-2 hours – hands on/ fish printing
• Last 30 minutes – wrapping up workshop and cleaning up working space
Contact email@example.com to book.