- This event has passed.
Art and the Law Talk
16 June 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pmRM10
Know your legal rights as an artist and learn useful tips on filing your taxes as a freelancer.
Join us for a two-part professional development series for artists. Participation fee for both talks is RM20 (RM10 each). Light refreshments will be provided.
Register here: https://forms.gle/vconsjmvzWjUP3PXA
Topics to be explored:
[Art & Law]
1. Legality of freelancers (no company registration)
2. Intellectual Property & Copyright Issues
3. Contracts Negotiation
4. Will & Legacy Planning
[Art & Tax]
1. Artist’s income tax management
– Malaysia business vehicle
– Artist simple book-keeping
– Income documents keeping
– Available free accounting software
– Income tax calculation
2. Benefits of good income tax management (e.g. loan application, income tracking, law compliance, etc)
3. Tax exemption income (e.g. foreign income, etc)
This series is organised by Penang Art District in conjunction with Open Studios Penang with the support of Ong & Manecksha, L & Co Accountants and Viva Victoria
Price includes refreshments
For booking, please contact: